On Friday, March 2nd, RunTOBeer celebrates its 4th anniversary with the 3rd Annual Founders' Classic Beer Mile!
The Sundown Showdown is set for 6:08 p.m., when co-founders Tej Jordan Sandhu & Dan Grant compete in a head-to-head, belch-filled sprint for meaningless bragging rights.
Following that, it's the open races, with prizes for top individual female, top individual male and top 2-person relay.
Spectators will be heartily welcomed and encouraged to cheer (and / or heckle) loudly.
Once all the laps are done, we'll pop over to 303 Lansdowne to reward the winners and celebrate.
Kingston Classic rules will be strictly enforced.
- Beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap (so 4 beer and 4 laps in total).
- All beer must be a minimum 5.0% ABV and in a sealed bottle or can no smaller than 355ml.
- Competitors must open their own beer, however you may have someone on the sidelines to pass you your unopened beverage.
- If you vomit PRIOR to finishing your fourth lap* you will be rewarded with a fifth lap**
- Beer must be consumed in a normal manner. Widemouth cans, shotgunning or other unconventional pours are forbidden.
* If you vomit FOLLOWING your fourth lap, that's just good strategy.
** If you vomit more than once, you are not obliged to do any extra laps beyond the fifth.
If you want to know more about why it's practically your duty as a Canadian resident to join us, I strongly suggest this rather brilliantly researched and composed piece in Get Out There Magazine: http://www.getouttheremag.com/articles/4464/beer-mile-canadas-running-gift